Don't just settle for a few of these! Get your hands on every award winning barbecue sauce ever made and it is to your recipe collection. Here's my Favorite from a seasoned pro and in my opinion a BBQ sauce genius!
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 ¼ cup catchup or (1 ¾ cup tomato sauce)
- ⅔ cup salad oil or (1 cup corn oil)
- ¾ cup vinegar, white only
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 3 teaspoon ginger, freshly grated
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat to blend together.
- Remove lemon peel before basting then squeeze. Use as a marinade and for grilling and/or basting.
- Funnel, pour, or spoon contents from the homemade barbecue sauce in a fresh container. Reserve the honey-based barbecue sauce in the freezer.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 4 cups or 5-8 tablespoons