Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 12 servings
- 1 x 6 to 8 pound turkey or other wild game, thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked rice, cooked in chicken broth
- ¾ cup honey, divided
- Remove giblet packet from turkey; rinse turkey with cool water.
- Drain; set aside.
- Saute' onion, celery, pecans and raisins in butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add ½ teaspoon cinnamon and salt; cook 1 minute.
- Combine vegetables with rice in large bowl.
- Stir in ¼ cup honey.
- Spoon rice into cavity of turkey.
- Use wooden picks, soaked in water, to enclose filling.
- Place turkey breast side up in roasting pan on rack coated with cooking spray.
- Roast at 325°F for 2 to 2½ hours or until internal temperature registers 180 to 185°F.
- Combine remaining ½ cup honey and remaining ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl to use as glaze.
- Glaze turkey occasionally during last hour of roasting.
- Cover with foil to prevent excess browning, if desired.
- Let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove stuffing before carving.