Makes 12 servings
- 1 x 6 to 8 pound turkey or other wild game, thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked rice, cooked in chicken broth
- ¾ cup honey, divided
- Remove giblet packet from turkey; rinse turkey with cool water.
- Drain; set aside.
- Saute' onion, celery, pecans and raisins in butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add ½ teaspoon cinnamon and salt; cook 1 minute.
- Combine vegetables with rice in large bowl.
- Stir in ¼ cup honey.
- Spoon rice into cavity of turkey.
- Use wooden picks, soaked in water, to enclose filling.
- Place turkey breast side up in roasting pan on rack coated with cooking spray.
- Roast at 325°F for 2 to 2½ hours or until internal temperature registers 180 to 185°F.
- Combine remaining ½ cup honey and remaining ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl to use as glaze.
- Glaze turkey occasionally during last hour of roasting.
- Cover with foil to prevent excess browning, if desired.
- Let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove stuffing before carving.