- Sift the flour, spices, sugar, and baking powder together, blending well.
- Add the eggs, honey, and orange peel to make a soft dough.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough to about ½-inch thick.
- Cut into shapes with cookie cutters, and place on a lightly greased or non-stick cookie sheet, brushing each one with the egg wash glaze.
- Place ½ of an almond in the top center of each cookie and sprinkle with the sugar crystals.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree f.
- Oven until done, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks and store in airtight tins.