Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Categories: Cakes, Christmas, Russian / Polish
- Servings: 10
- 1lb butter
- 16 large eggs
- 56 oz honey
- 56 oz (3 cups) unbleached flour (all-purpose)
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 8 tsp baking powder
- Cream the butter and separate the eggs.
- Add the room temperature yolks,one at a time, to the butter and beat well.
- Mix in the honey.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and spices twice and add to the butter mixture.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold a little of the egg whites into the batter, then add the rest of them, folding them gently into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a buttered and floured loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven until firm on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cool, in the pan, for 10 minutes,then remove and finish cooling on a wire rack.