Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bran Flakes: Fortified Ready to Eat Cereal by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 12
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1½ cups low-fat milk
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups bran flakes
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the milk, honey, egg, and oil.
- Add to dry ingredients along with bran flakes and raisins (optional). Mix together only until moistened.
- Portion into twelve muffin cups lightly coated with cooking spray or lined with muffin papers.
- Bake 25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.