Bran Flakes: Fortified Ready to Eat Cereal by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 12
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1½ cups low-fat milk
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups bran flakes
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the milk, honey, egg, and oil.
- Add to dry ingredients along with bran flakes and raisins (optional). Mix together only until moistened.
- Portion into twelve muffin cups lightly coated with cooking spray or lined with muffin papers.
- Bake 25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.