Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Source: dLife
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup non-fat milk
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup chopped apples
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly mist one 12-cup muffin tin with low-fat vegetable spray.
- Lightly beat egg whites.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly mix dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, gently folding in egg whites.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring until barely moistened. Batter will be lumpy.
- Fill greased muffin tins two-thirds full.
- Bake about 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- For added flavor, throw in a ¼ cup of chopped walnuts and ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 145 | Carbohydrates: 23.2g | Protein: 3.9g | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 0.7g | Cholesterol: less than 1mg | Fiber: 2.8g | Sodium: 237mg