Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Great Healthy Food - Diabetes by Azmina Govindji
- Yield: 4 servings
- Using a sharp kitchen knife, cut a small piece from the bottom of each grapefruit half, so that the flat base of the fruit will sit comfortably on the rack of your broiler pan.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Take a grapefruit or other serrated knife and carefully cut around each grapefruit half, gently loosening the flesh from the skin.
- Then cut between the segments, so that they will be easy to spoon out.
- Spoon the honey onto the top of each grapefruit half, pressing gently so that it oozes through the segments.
- Arrange the grapefruit halves on the grill rack, and broil under a medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and broil for a further 30 seconds (no longer, or the seeds will burn).
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (¼ of recipe):
- 71 Calories | 1g Protein | 2g Fat | 0mg Cholesterol | 2mg Sodium | 13g Carbs | 0g Fiber
- Diabetic Exchanges: ½ fruit | ½ other carbohydrate | ½ fat