Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Bowers Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1994. Indicates this was obtained from “Cindy’s” First Grade Teacher in 1972.
- 1-quart water
- 1/2-cup salt
- 3/4-cup honey
- 1/4-cup golden rum
- 1/4-cup lemon juice
- 10 cloves
- 10 allspice Berries
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large fillet of salmon
- Combine all the ingredients besides the salmon to make the brine.
- Place the salmon skin side up in a non-reactive dish and cover with brining liquid.
- Allow fish to brine for 2 hours.
- Rinse the salmon in fresh water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place salmon on a drying rack (or grill rack that you will use to smoke the salmon on) and allow to air dry for about 1 hour.
- Smoke salmon skin side down for about 1-1/2 hours, keeping temperature at 160.