Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pinion Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 small acorn squash halved width wise and deseeded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces honey
- 4 ounces dried figs chopped
- 1 ounce chopped almonds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place squash cut sides down in shallow ovenproof dish and add enough boiling water to come to a depth of ½ inch.
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes.
- Place butter in a small saucepan and melt over low heat then add the honey, figs, almonds, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well.
- Carefully pour off water from baking tin containing squash and turn squash cut sides up.
- Fill the hollows with fig mixture then return to the oven uncovered and bake 15 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.