Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a typical soup that originated in the north coast of Honduras, but it is served throughout the country.
- 1 pound of Conch
- 2 shredded coconuts
- 3 green bananas
- 2 carrots
- 2 pounds of yucca - it is better if you use yellow yucca
- 2 garlic teeth
- 2 large onions - yellow or white
- 2 green peppers
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup of coriander - small leaf
- 1/2 cup of coriander - broad leaf
- 1/8 cup of margarine
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- Cut up the onions, garlic, green peppers.
- Peel and cube all vegetables (except the bananas) and fast fry them in the margarine.
- Add the bouillon cubes and the coriander.
- Liquefy together the meat and the milk of the coconuts, sift the mixture - you may need to add some water to get it all out.
- Should end with approximately 3/4 liter of coconut milk.
- Add this to the fast fried vegetables, let it simmer around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the bananas and simmer for another 7 minutes or until the bananas are soft.
- Add the Conch, peeled, and cut in small pieces; let it simmer for five more minutes.