- 6 cups flour
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP. shortening
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Frying oil
- Mix well the flour, baking powder and Sugar.
- Add the egg and shortening and mix until both are absorbed by the flour.
- Add water a little at a time until it becomes a dough consistency (like tortillas).
- Roll small balls of the dough (about 1/2 the size of your hand) into pancake-like shapes.
- Let them sit for awhile so they can dry a bit.
- This way they won't absorb too much oil when you fry them.
- Deep fry the buñuelos and sprinkle with cinnamon and Sugar. They should be nice and crisp.