- 1 cup cooked or canned chickpeas
- ½ tspn salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed with a pinch of salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sesame paste
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tspn ground cumin
- Drain warm chickpeas and reserve 1 tbsp.
- Beat chickpeas in a food processor.
- Blend chickpeas with sesame paste, lemon juice, crushed garlic, and salt into a purée.
- Adjust flavor and consistency with lemon juice and salt if necessary (Hommas should be thick and smooth).
- Serve in Hommas bowls.
- Pour olive oil in center and garnish with the reserved chickpeas, chopped parsley and cumin.