Makes 6 servings.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup packaged stuffing mix OR brown rice
- 4 egg whites or ½ cup egg substitute
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Combine turkey, stuffing mix, egg whites, broth, onion, parsley, oregano and garlic salt in large bowl; mix lightly. Using about ¼ cup mixture form into balls.
- Place balls on shallow baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425 °F for 20 minutes or until done.
- Heat sauce; add cooked meat balls to sauce. Serve over brown rice.