This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Turner Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 baked pie shell
- 1⅓ cups seeded raisins
- 2 cups water
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 egg whites
- Add raisins to water in saucepan and simmer 5 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks, sugar, vinegar and flour until light and creamy.
- Slowly add to raisins then cook stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat then stir in butter and cool until lukewarm.
- Pour raisin mixture into pie shell and top with well beaten egg whites.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.