Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Turner Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 baked pie shell
- 1⅓ cups seeded raisins
- 2 cups water
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 egg whites
- Add raisins to water in saucepan and simmer 5 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks, sugar, vinegar and flour until light and creamy.
- Slowly add to raisins then cook stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat then stir in butter and cool until lukewarm.
- Pour raisin mixture into pie shell and top with well beaten egg whites.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.