Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: www.davita.com
- Recipe created by DaVita patient, Thomas, and submitted by DaVita dietitian Victoria from California.
- Portions: 12
- Crush the fennel seed.
- In a small bowl combine turkey with crushed fennel seed, garlic powder, onion powder and salt.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide the seasoned turkey into portions about the size of a ping-pong ball and flatten into patties to cook.
- Cook over medium heat in a nonstick skillet until browned, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Extra patties may be frozen for later use. Be sure to place a double layer of wrap or waxed paper between portions to make it easy to separate patties.
- Always consult with your physician, dietitian and other members of your dialysis team before partaking in any activity or trying any recipe.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 patty):
- 55 Calories | 7g Protein | 0g Carbs | 0g Fiber | 3g Fat | 24mg Cholesterol | 70mg Sodium | 106mg Potassium | 75mg Phosphorus | 9mg Calcium
- Renal and Renal Diabetic Food Choices: 1 meat