Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- Makes 5 pints (20 half-cup servings)
- Wash tomatoes.
- Remove stems.
- Core and cut into pieces; drain.
- Place in an 8- or 10-quart kettle.
- Bring to boiling over low heat, stirring often.
- Cover; simmer 15 minutes or until soft, stirring often.
- Press tomatoes through a food mill.
- Discard solids.
- Return juice to kettle; bring to boiling.
- Boil gently, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add lemon juice, and if desired, ¼ teaspoon salt to each hot, clean pint jar.
- Pour hot tomato juice into jars, leaving a ½-inch headspace; wipe jar rims; adjust lids.
- Process in a boiling-water canner for 35 minutes (start timing when water returns to boil).
To freeze Edit
- Place kettle in a sink filled with ice water; stir mixture to help it cool.
- Pour into wide-top freezer containers, leaving a ½-inch headspace.
- Omit lemon juice.
- If desired, add ¼ teaspoon salt to each container.
- Seal, label, and freeze for up to 10 months.