Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Barger Estate in Mckinney, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 quarts peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped white onions
- ½ cup chopped sweet red peppers
- 1½ teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1½ cups white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Cook tomatoes, onions and pepper until soft and press through a sieve.
- Cook about 1 hour until volume is reduced about one-half.
- Add spices in a bag, sugar and salt to tomato mixture.
- Cook 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add vinegar and paprika and cook until thick, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Pour hot into jars leaving ⅛ inch head space.
- Seal and process 10 minutes.