This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Barger Estate in Mckinney, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 quarts peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped white onions
- ½ cup chopped sweet red peppers
- 1½ teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1½ cups white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Cook tomatoes, onions and pepper until soft and press through a sieve.
- Cook about 1 hour until volume is reduced about one-half.
- Add spices in a bag, sugar and salt to tomato mixture.
- Cook 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add vinegar and paprika and cook until thick, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Pour hot into jars leaving ⅛ inch head space.
- Seal and process 10 minutes.