Source: Originally from this Homemade Recipe collection, copied with permission
- 1 pound ground beef (leaner = healthier)
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried onion, minced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- garlic powder, sprinkle to taste… but don’t go overboard
- ½ cup water
- 16 ounces canned refried beans
- 8 x 10-inch flour tortillas
- ½ cup enchilada sauce
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded (iceberg is best)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- medium-sized tomato, diced (1 should be enough)
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- First prepare the base by mixing together the beef, flour, minced onion, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, paprika, minced onion, and onion power and in a bowl.
- Drop the base in a skillet with the water, and put it on medium flame.
- Stir and cook until brown (should take about 5 minutes or so).
- Next you heat up your refried beans and tortillas in the microwave.
- Put together all ingredients in the following order: tortilla, beans, beef base, enchilada sauce, lettuce, cheese, tomato, onion and then the sour cream.