Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Prepararea salamului
- 2 lbs / 1 kg pork
- 2 lbs / 1 kg beef
- 1½ lb / 750 g pork fat
- minced garlic
- some ground juniper and pepper berries
- Grind the pork, beef and 1 lb / 500 g of the pork fat, and mix well.
- Let stand for 2 – 3 hours, then add salt, minced garlic, ground juniper berries and pepper.
- Add the remaining fat that was cubed.
- Mix well, adjust spices, then fill the small intestines with the mixture.
- Wipe the sausages with a cloth and let air dry in the wind for 10 – 12 hours.
- The following day, smoke them for 5 – 6 hours.
- Air dry for 3 – 4 days, rub with a clean cloth moistened with oil and refrigerate.