Homemade Ranch with Iceberg Lettuce Wedges is a delicious recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond.
Yield: serves 8
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- a dash of Tabasco sauce (optional!)
- 2 heads of iceberg lettuce
- Sprinkle the garlic clove with the salt. Mash it with a fork as finely as possible, as the garlic has a very strong flavor in the finished dressing.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a bowl.. Stir it together gently, then taste. Add more of the seasonings to adjust it as much as you like. Chill for 2 hours; thin with milk if needed.
- Wash and dry the iceberg lettuce and cut each head into four wedges. Put on eight seperate plates and pour lots of dressing on each wedge.