Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living Holiday Dinners 1982
- Makes 2 dozen rolls
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- ½ cup milk
- 1 package dry yeast
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- about 5½ cups all-purpose flour
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 15 – 20 minutes until tender.
- Drain, reserving ½ cup potato water; set potatoes aside.
- Combine potato water and milk; heat to 105°F to 115°F.
- Stir in yeast and sugar; let stand 5 minutes.
- Mash potatoes to measure ¾ cup.
- Combine potatoes, oil, egg, salt and yeast mixture in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat on medium speed of electric mixer until blended.
- Gradually beat in enough flour of form a moderately stiff dough.
- Place dough in a well-greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°F) away from drafts, 1½ hours or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Lightly grease muffin pans.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 3 balls in each muffin cup.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.