- 30 – 50 g cornstarch (to make glue)
- 70 – 100 g carrots, julienne
- 70 – 100 g cucumbers, peeled, cores removed and cut into strip of 3 cm long for topping
- 300 g Chinese lettuce
- 350 g turnips, julienne (sengkuang in Malay)
- 100 g French beans, sliced finely
- 50 g shallots, sliced finely and fried till crispy
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 50 g small shrimp, shelled and boiled and chopped (or with other white meat) (optional)
- 3 chicken eggs, beat the eggs with 1 teaspoon salt, fry thin omelettes and cut into strips for topping
- 100 g sweet chilli sauce (to taste)
- 50 g red chilies, washed and pounded (blend) (optional)
- 100 g crushed peanuts (peanuts must be fried)
- Heat oil and fry garlic till fragrant.
- Add in French bean,carrot and turnip.
- Braise with stock till soft.
- Add seasoning (soy sauce, preferred) and reduced till gravy is almost dry.
- Remove cooked vegetables and strain to separate gravy stock.
Sweet Sauce Edit
- Fresh red chile paste (grind fresh red chile in blender)
- Fry chopped garlic till golden brown
- Crushed peanuts (pounded?)
- To roll popiah: Spread sweet sauce onto skin, followed by chilli (optional)