- First pour the Karo into a saucepan, add the sugar, salt and water and boil (238°F) until a little, tried in cold water, forms a hard ball.
- Beat the egg whites stiff and pour in the candy mixture, beating constantly until the mixture is almost as thick as whipped cream.
- Stir in the vanilla, cherries and nuts and pour into a pan oiled well with Mazola.
- The nougat should be about half inch thick.
- Let stand over night, cut into oblong pieces and wrap in wax paper.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.