Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 3 pounds green tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3 pounds tart apples, chopped
- 4 pounds firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup ground suet
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 pounds raisins
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- rum or brandy to taste
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, cover tomatoes with cold water; bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add cider vinegar, apples, brown sugar, cloves, nutmeg, suet, meat, raisins, salt, cinnamon, and butter or margarine; simmer 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add rum or brandy to taste.
- Refrigerate or pack in hot sterile jars and seal.