- 10 lbs coarse ground pork butt or pork shoulder
- ⅓ cup imported mild Hungarian paprika (do not substitute generic)
- ¼ cup salt
- 2 heaping tbsp ground allspice
- 5 or 6 garlic cloves
- 2 cups water
- Bring water to boil, add peeled cloves of garlic and simmer 20 minutes.
- Fish out cloves of garlic and mash them with a little water.
- Add this to remaining water and mix all of the garlic water into the meat mix.
- Mix everything together well.
- Keep the meat mix cool.
- If you stuff the mix into casings, let the sausages hang for a day in at least 20 degrees.
- Smoke sausage according to your smoker instructions.
- If you are not going to stuff into casings, form into patties, wrap and freeze.