Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: One hour
Serves: 24 serving at 8 ounces each.
This is a favorite of mine for pizza topping or sausage sandwiches with cooked onion and green pepper. (All measurements are in USA)
- 12 pounds pork (butt or shoulder, use all fat)
- 1¾ cups iced water
- ¼ cup salt, canning or kosher
- ⅔ teaspoons msg
- ¼ cup fennel seed
- ¼ cup ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⅓ teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons white refined sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- Cut pork into cubes about 1-2 inch in size.
- Add remaining ingredients mixing well.
- Run mixture through a meat grinder for bulk or into casings.