Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Barger Estate in Mckinney, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 20 ears of whole kernel corn
- 1 pint diced sweet red peppers
- 1 pint diced green peppers
- 1 quart chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped white onions
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 quart vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Cook ears of corn in boiling water for 5 minutes then cut from cob.
- Combine peppers, celery, onions, sugar, vinegar, salt and celery seed.
- Bring to a boil for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Blend dry mustard and turmeric with a little liquid and add with corn to boiling mixture.
- Boil for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- This relish may be thickened by adding ¼ cup flour blended with ½ cup water at the time the corn is added for cooking.
- Frequent stirring will be necessary to prevent sticking and scorching.
- Pack loosely then seal and process for 15 minutes.