Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Boy, is advocaat delicious! (I usually get a bottle of it from the Dutch-America store and skip the above...:) this delicious Dutch drink is actually eaten with a spoon! one more from from Holland with love ... the Dutch national drink!!
- 10 eggs
- ½ level teaspoon salt
- 275 grams sugar
- 4 dl cognac
- 1½ level teaspoons vanilla essence (extract, i think)
- Separate the eggs and beat the yolks with the salt and the sugar, until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Beat in the cognac, very slowly and put the mixture into a double saucepan.
- Heat gently, whisking all the time until the advocaat is warm (not hot) and thick.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla essence.
- Pour into a jug.
- advocaat is served in a glass and eaten with a teaspoon.
- It can also be topped with whipped cream.
- Also, might i add, that advocaat is nothing like the eggnog here in America.
- It is thick and creamy — not foamy at all.