Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is the Dutch equivalent of eggnog and literally translated means "lawyer". This traditional Dutch beverage is always served during the Christmas season. Serve in a lovely glass and provide the guest with a small spoon for consumption of the beverage.
- 10 egg yolks
- pinch of salt
- 275 grams finely granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 400 ml brandy (brandewijn)
- Beat the yolks, salt and sugar until the mix is creamy and thick.
- Very slowly pour in the brandy, but keep on beating the mixture.
- Pour the mix into a heavy saucepan and heat gently, whisking constantly until the advocaat is warm (not hot) and thick.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a clean bottle.
- The advocaat should be thick enough to scoop with a spoon to eat.
- It usually is served with whipped cream.
- Despite its appearance, advocaat is viewed as a beverage.