Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 6 to 8
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk, low-fat or whole
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- vanilla wafer cookies
- 3 to 4 bananas, ripe but firm
- sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping
- banana slices for garnish
- mint sprigs, optional
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, salt, and flour; stir to blend.
- Slowly stir in milk until smooth.
- Pour into the top of a double boiler over simmering water.
- Cook, whisking frequently, until the mixture begins to thicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks; gradually whisk in about 1 cup of the slightly thickened hot milk mixture.
- Return egg mixture to the double boiler, stir in the vanilla and butter, and continue whisking and cooking until well thickened.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In tall dessert glasses or a 2-quart serving dish, make a layer of vanilla wafers then sliced banana.
- Spoon some of the pudding over the banana layer then layer more vanilla wafers and banana slices, topping with more pudding.
- Serve with whipped cream topping.
- If using short dessert dishes, use only one layer each of the wafers, banana slices, and pudding, and then top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Garnish each serving with a few slices of banana and a mint sprig if desired.