Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Johnny at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yield: 2½ pounds
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1½ tablespoons black pepper
- 1¼ tablespoons cayenne
- 5 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1½ tablespoons granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2½ pounds lean pork butt, cut into 1-inch thick slices, 4 to 5 ounces each
- In a mixing bowl, combine the salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, granulated garlic, granulated onion and onion powder.
- Dredge each piece of pork in the spice mix.
- Press the spice mix well into each piece.
- Wrap the Tasso in plastic wrap, about 4 pieces together.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 days or up to 1 week.
After 3 days, I smoke mine. I put it on the cool side of the smoker when I smoke my other meats.