Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from The Printey Estate sale. It was obtained it as part of the Family Collection from The Printey Estate in Forney, Texas in 2001.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ pounds dry yellow-eye beans
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- ¼ pound salt pork
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Soak beans overnight in water.
- Without draining bring to a boil, adding more water to cover as necessary.
- Simmer for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Put onion and apple in bottom of bean pot then fill half full with beans.
- Add salt pork and pour in remaining beans.
- Pour maple syrup over beans then sprinkle with mustard and salt.
- Cover with boiling water and bake 5 hours.