This recipe came from The Printey Estate sale. It was obtained it as part of the Family Collection from The Printey Estate in Forney, Texas in 2001.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ pounds dry yellow-eye beans
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- ¼ pound salt pork
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Soak beans overnight in water.
- Without draining bring to a boil, adding more water to cover as necessary.
- Simmer for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Put onion and apple in bottom of bean pot then fill half full with beans.
- Add salt pork and pour in remaining beans.
- Pour maple syrup over beans then sprinkle with mustard and salt.
- Cover with boiling water and bake 5 hours.