Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mixed meat jelly
- 2 lb (1 kg) pig's legs
- 1.5 lb (600 gm) cow haunches
- 1 carrot
- 1 piece parsley
- 3 onions
- 1 garlic
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 5 – 6 black peppercorns
- Chop the leg and haunches, put them in a sauce-pan, pour cold water over them, and start heating.
- Bring to a boil, remove the scum, add the vegetables and condiment, salt and boil on a very low heat til meat comes off the bones (3 – 4 hours).
- When the broth settles, remove and pour out the grease.
- Put a ring of an egg on the bottom of cups or small tureens.
- Remove the meat from bones.
- Cut the big chunks into pieces and put them in the cups.
- Dress the broth with minces garlic, salt and pepper to taste, and bring it to a boil again.
- Pour the broth into the cups and put it to the cold.