Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 1998 Holiday Entertaining
- Prep: 35 minutes | Stand 8 hours
- Makes 3 trees
- 1 (16-oz) package powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp meringue powder
- 6 tbsp warm water
- 6 (4-inch) sugar ice-cream cones
- 12 (5 inch) red and white candy canes, coarsely crushed
- 12 (5 inch) green and white candy canes, coarsely crushed
- edible glitter or sparkling sugar (optional)
- Beat powdered sugar, meringue powder, and 6 tbsp warm water at low speed with electric mixer until blended.
- Beat at high speed 4 – 5 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- If icing is too stiff, add additional warm water, ¼ tsp at a time, until desired consistency.
- Spoon icing into a zip-top plastic bag, seal.
- Snip a ¼ inch hole in one corner of bag.
- Pipe 2 rows of points around 1 ice cream cone, beginning at large end and working upward to resemble a tree.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes and if desired, edible glitter or sparkling sugar.
- Invert two ice cream cones stacking one on top of the other, repeat decorating procedure.
- Invert remaining 3 ice cream cones stacking on on top of the other, repeat decorating procedure.
- Let stand 8 hours.
- Store in a cool dry place up to 1 month.
For fuller trees, double icing recipe, and repeat piping procedure before adding crushed candy canes.