Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A recipe for a glazed tofurky on a bed of autumn vegetables. Could also be called Thanksgiving or Christmas Tofurky, serves four people easily, can be expanded to serve however many guests you have.
- 1 tofurky (thawed, and more than one tofurky if you have a large group)
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 cup of dried sweet pitted cherries, chopped
- 4 tbsp apple cider (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 fist sized potatoes (or 1 potato per person being served)
- 2 carrots (or 1 carrot per person being served)
- 2 onions (any size, larger and more of them if you like onions)
- 2 medium sized beets (or 1 beet per person being served)
- any other autumn / root vegetables you might enjoy — parsnips are very nice, as is celery
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F in a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium heat, then add the onion, dried cherries, sugar and balsamic vinegar.
- Cook until the onions are soft, then stir in the mustard and apple cider and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Cut all the vegetables to a desired size (one inch cubes are nice for the root vegetables, quarter the onions) and place them in a large baking dish so that they form a single layer of vegetables.
- Sprinkle with the desired amount of salt.
- Place the tofurky on top and cover it with the glaze, reserving a bit for later basting.
- Pop in the oven and bake for the recommended time on the package (at least 30 minutes -- but the vegetables can be your guide, when they are done, so usually is the tofurky).
- If you are concerned that the tofurkey is not sufficiently done, you can remove the vegetables and keep them warm and keep baking the tofurky.
- You can also choose to peel your vegetables or not, it depends entirely on your personal preference.
- If you use more than one tofurky, then multiply the glaze ingredients accordingly.