Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 teaspoons + ½ cup butter (no substitutes), softened and divided
- 3¾ cups confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (14-oz) caramels
- 1 tablespoon milk or half and half
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Butter an 8-inch square pan with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and milk powder; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine ½ cup butter, sugar and corn syrup until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar mixture, about a third at a time, until blended.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Continue stirring until the mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
- Spread into prepared pan. Cool.
- Cut candy into four strips; cut each strip in half.
- Shape each into a log; wrap in waxed paper and twist ends.
- Freeze or refrigerate until firm.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt caramels and milk, stirring often.
- Roll logs in caramel mixture, then in pecans. Wrap in waxed paper.
- Store at room temperature in airtight containers.
- Cut into slices with a serrated knife.