Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 teaspoons + ½ cup butter (no substitutes), softened and divided
- 3¾ cups confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (14-oz) caramels
- 1 tablespoon milk or half and half
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Butter an 8-inch square pan with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and milk powder; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine ½ cup butter, sugar and corn syrup until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar mixture, about a third at a time, until blended.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Continue stirring until the mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
- Spread into prepared pan. Cool.
- Cut candy into four strips; cut each strip in half.
- Shape each into a log; wrap in waxed paper and twist ends.
- Freeze or refrigerate until firm.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt caramels and milk, stirring often.
- Roll logs in caramel mixture, then in pecans. Wrap in waxed paper.
- Store at room temperature in airtight containers.
- Cut into slices with a serrated knife.