The only trouble with this appetizer is the fellows eat them like peanuts.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Come into the Kitchen
- Serves 12 nicely
- 1 pkg. (8 oz) softened cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- dash salt
- 10 to 15 slices thin bread (I adore rye)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) deviled ham
- Combine cream cheese with egg yolk, baking powder, salt and deviled ham.
- Mix until well blended.
- Cut each bread slice into 4 triangles.
- Spread each triangle with mayonnaise and then a generous amount of ham mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- This much can be done ahead and appetizers frozen.
- To serve, place in a 375 °F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until puffed and brown.