- egg noodles (oil noodles)
- stock (either from pork ribs or other meat stock)
- pork (whole piece)
- bean sprouts
Spice and Seasoning Edit
- soy sauce
- star anise
- block sugar
- pepper (lots)
- red chili
- pork fat (cube and deep fried)
- fish cake (sliced) - no recipe here, so you have to buy it!
- spring onion (chopped)
- fried shallots (finely sliced shallots and fry in oil till fragrant)
- Boil pork ribs for stock.
- Shell and clean prawns.
- Crush and keep the shells for stock.
- In the wok, fry pork fat till crisy.
- Remove and live some oil.
- Fry chopped garlic and chillie till fragrant, add prawn shells, fry briefly and add in stock.
- Boil for around 20 minutes.
- Strain and add pork.
- Once pork is cooked, remove and slice.
- Briefly cook the prawn in the stock and remove.
- Season the stock with pepper, dark soy sauce, salt, sugar and msg.
- In a separate pot of water, blanch bean sprout and kangkong, last throw in the noodles and briefly cook, then strain.
- (never over cook the noodles) put all ingredients in a bowl and pour prawn soup over, garnish with spring onions, fried shallots, fish cake and served with chopped chillie and garlic in light soy sauce.