Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fried puff squares
- Makes about 2 dozen
- ½ cup (¼ lb) butter
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp orange juice
- 3 tbsp ice cold water
- cooking oil
- sugar to sprinkle
- Mix the butter and flour with two forks.
- When well mixed, add the salt, sugar, juice and water and blend.
- Without touching the dough with your fingers, roll it out and fold it in half.
- Repeat this operation two more times and place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Roll out very thin and cut into diagonal strips.
- Make a slit in the center of each one.
- Deep fry in hot cooking oil until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle sugar generously over the squares.