Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 choice chicken pieces (2½ to 3 pounds)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup finely chopped green pepper
- Cook onion in oil in medium saucepan until tender. Stir in water, hoisin, lemon juice and pepper.
- Place chicken in large plastic bag set in bowl. Pour marinade over chicken.
- Refrigerate chicken overnight, turning bag occasionally to coat.
- Place chicken skin side up in shallow baking pan. Reserve marinade.
- Bake at 350 °F for 1 hour or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan combine rice, carrot, green pepper and ⅓ cup reserved marinade; heat through.
- Serve chicken over rice mixture.