This recipe has been redone to the way we serve it in Warrior, Alabama.
If you like hot dishes at the end sprinkle chopped jalapeño peppers over top of chicken mixture — this is optional — so peppers are not listed in ingredients.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ⅛ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 x 15 oz cans baked beans
- 1 tomato peeled and quartered then quartered again
- 1 loaf garlic or BBQ bread buttered and toasted
- ½ stick margarine (I use butter)
- 1 small can mushroom stems and pieces drained
- three cups of cooked rice
- Cube chicken and sprinkle with garlic salt and chili powder.
- Heat pan, and add oil.
- Add spiced chicken to hot pan.
- Brown chicken and drain excess fat.
- Add cans of beans,mushrooms and quartered tomato.
- Simmer uncovered for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Cover, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Cook rice remove pan from heat.
- Butter bread and toast in oven serve over rice with buttered bread and cole slaw.