Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Korean pancakes. These were described to me as inside out pancakes. I just call them delicious.
- This recipe is for 36 servings.
- Preparation: 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 10 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ cups warm water
- ½ cup potato flakes
- 1 cup cold water
- ¼ cup powdered milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- vegetable oil
- Mix yeast, 2 tbsp sugar and warm water together in a bowl.
- Mix potato flakes with cold water in a separate bowl.
- In your mixer combine the powdered milk, ¼ sugar, salt and 4 c flour.
- Add softened butter, eggs, yeast and potato mixtures to mixer bowl.
- Mix until well blended.
- Add remaining flour in small amounts until it"cleans" the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Remove from bowl and knead on a wooden cutting board
- Grease a clean bowl and set the dough inside to rise for about 45 minutes.
- Divide into 36 balls and cover with an a wooden cutting board
- Mix brown sugarand cinnamon together.
- Add more cinnamon if you prefer.
- Add enough oil to the bottom of a skillet to just barely cover the bottom.
- Heat over a medium flame.
- Take a ball of dough and flatten in the palm of your hand.
- Put a spoonful of the cinnamon mixture on the dough and wrap the dough around it.
- Put into the hot oil and let cook about a half of a minute then flatten with a spatula.
- Let cook another 30 seconds, flip and flatten some more.
- Allow it to finish browning.
- Remove from skillet and let cool on a paper towel.
- Repeat the process adding more oil as needed to the skillet to prevent the pancakes from sticking.