Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hinjo (Burmese Sour Soup) is best served with rice.
- Serves 4
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced, lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 green tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup spinach or other greens, torn
- 5 – 6 cups rhubarb or fish stock, or boiling water
- ¼ teaspoon dried shrimp paste
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan until very hot.
- Then fry the onion, garlic and turmeric for 30 seconds.
- Add in the tomatoes and spinach.
- Stir for another 30 seconds then add the stock or water.
- Let the mixture boil.
- Add the shrimp paste, cover the pan and let it simmer over low heat until vegetables are soft.
- Add salt to taste.