Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lb. Tibetan noodles, similar to spaghetti, cavatelli
- 3 cups assorted vegetables (Cauliflower, carrots, green beans, mustard greens, potatoes)
- ½ lb. spinach, washed and cut into pieces
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon jwanu (lovage seeds)
- 3 fresh chilies, julienned
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup tomatoes
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro for garnis
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water until slightly undercooked. Drain and rinse. In a sauce pan heat two tablespoons of mustard oil. Add onions, fry till light brown. Add turmeric, garlic, ginger, cumin powder, and chilies. Stir well for a minute or so. Put the assorted vegetables and stir-fry well, about five minutes. To the vegetable mixture add tomatoes, soy sauce, yogurt, broth, jwanu, bay leaf, salt and pepper and cook until vegetables are tender. Add the noodles and stew for five more minutes or until nice consistency of the sauce is tained.
- And lastly, add spinach and fold into the stewed noodles for a minute or so until wilted. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve with roti.