Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Lowery Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1984. Date and source unknown. This is another tried and true recipe and a dish that I serve at least once per month. I typed the recipe as is, but wanted to share with you that I sprinkle blue Cheese over this right before I remove from oven. Yummy
- 2 broiler chickens, cut in pieces
- 6 medium white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 slices of Bacon
- 2 large white onions, chopped
- 6 large carrots, cubed
- In a heavy duty skillet place a small amount of vegetable oil and brown Chicken on all sides.
- Layer the potatoes, carrots and chopped onions on top of the Chicken and lay the Bacon strips close together on top of the vegetables.
- Cover pot and bake at 350 for 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove lid from pot and bake an additional 15 minutes.