Purchased from Lowery Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1984. Date and source unknown. This is another tried and true recipe and a dish that I serve at least once per month. I typed the recipe as is, but wanted to share with you that I sprinkle blue Cheese over this right before I remove from oven. Yummy
- 2 broiler chickens, cut in pieces
- 6 medium white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 slices of Bacon
- 2 large white onions, chopped
- 6 large carrots, cubed
- In a heavy duty skillet place a small amount of vegetable oil and brown Chicken on all sides.
- Layer the potatoes, carrots and chopped onions on top of the Chicken and lay the Bacon strips close together on top of the vegetables.
- Cover pot and bake at 350 for 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove lid from pot and bake an additional 15 minutes.