Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
HRC's Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies by the White House, public domain government resource
- 1½ cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 (12-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease baking sheets.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Beat together shortening, sugars and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, beating until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture and rolled oats. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by well-rounded teaspoonsful on to greased baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minuter or until golden.
- Cool cookies on sheets on wire rack for 2 minutes. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.