Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Please add a description
- 1 x 10-oz. can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 x 10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- ¼ cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 ripe medium-sized tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup shredded low-fat monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Shape dough into 4-inch circle; cover with kitchen towel; let stand 5 minutes.
- Roll into 11-inch circle on lightly floured surface.
- Fit into pie plate, and flute rim.
- Mix spinach, sour cream and shallots in mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk together milk, salt, pepper, egg whites and egg.
- Stir ⅓ cup milk mixture into spinach mixture.
- Spoon spinach mixture into bottom of prepared crust.
- Add layer of tomatoes, and top with cheese.
- Pour remaining milk mixture over cheese.
- Place pie plate on baking sheet.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until set.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.