Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 slice hearty thick white bread
- 4 fluid ounces milk
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and minced
- 4 almonds, ground
- 2 eggs, hard boiled,yolks only
- 32 fluid ounces low sodium chicken broth
- white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely diced cooked
Remove the crusts from the bread and place the bread in small saucepan.
Cover with the milk and bring to a boil.
Set aside and allow to cool a bit.
Pound the minced Chicken, almonds and hard-boiled yolks in a mortar until smooth, and then place in a large bowl.
Gradually beat in the bread and milk.
Stir in the stock, and then pass through a sieve into a saucepan.
Bring to the boil, season with salt and pepper, add the nutmeg and lemon juice and simmer for 10 minutes; remove from the heat.
Beat the egg yolks with the cream and blend in 3 tablespoonfuls of the hot soup.
Stir the mixture into the soup and heat gently for 2 or 3 minutes.
DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL.
When it thickens, serve with the diced Chicken as a garnish.