Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
High Protein Pancakes from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
These pancakes have double the protein of regular pancakes. Two of them equal one ounce of meat in protein content.
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp dry milk
- 1 egg (2 for a thinner, crêpe-type pancake)
- 2 tsps of oil
- ½-¾ cups pancake mix
- Measure milk, dry milk, egg, and oil into blender or bowl. Beat until egg is well blended.
- Add pancake mix. Stir or blend at low speed until mix is wet but some lumps remain.
- Cook on hot, greased griddle or frying pan. Turn when firm to brown the other side.
- These can be kept warm in a warm oven or in a covered pan on low heat. Makes seven 4" pancakes.
- If there is batter left over, it will keep 1 day in the refrigerator, or it can be made into pancakes, cooled, and wrapped in foil to be frozen for later use. To reheat, leave in foil and place in 450 °F oven for 15 minutes. If using a toaster oven, unwrap them, brush with margarine, and toast as for light toast.