Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spiced cherry soup
- 1 lb sweet red cherries
- ½ lemon rind
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 x 3-inch stick cinnamon
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 cup red wine
- 4 lemon slices
- commercial sour cream
- 3 cups water
- Day before or early in day: wash cherries; remove stems.
- With vegetable peeler remove rind from lemon in strips; stick cloves into rind.
- In saucepan combine cherries lemon rind with cloves cinnamon sugar salt water.
- Simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- Gradually stir in tapioca; bring to a boil; then remove from heat; stir in wine allow to cool.
- Remove and discard lemon rind cloves and cinnamon; then refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve ladle ice-cold soup into individual soup bowls or plates; top each serving with lemon slice and a spoonful of sour cream (or if preferred stir in cream).